Thursday, January 20, 2011

Recap, Second Semester & Genesis 2 ♥

Well, Christmas break was FABULOUS!! I got to spend time with everyone that I love (even Haylee Steffen) and I didn't have to do any homework. It was nice to just be home. I feel like I just press the play button and I am back into everyone's life, like I never left. I like it. Highlights of being home:: Hanging out with Emma and the rest of the Johnson crew! Being with Koby! Seeing all of my family members (even the newest additions). Giving my parents a flat screen TV for Christmas and watching Grey's Anatomy all together on it. Playing Wii Fit with my sister and beating Koby at all the games. Eating good food. Planing my annual "Lets go tubing, but not actually ever go" event, and going Roller skating instead. Eating out every night of the last week I was home. Praying over the youth room at the all church prayer service. And game night with Koby's parents. I truly had a great break! I was so blessed.

Moving on to second semester, it is going to kill me. I am sure of it. Last semester I got away with not reading for any class, this semester I have to read for every class. It's hard stuff let me tell you, and especially after not doing homework for a month. The one good things about this semester is I have two 2 credit classes which means they will end early. I will enjoy that, but for now I am running on empty and it's only the second week of classes. On top of schoolwork I have normal work, and I am applying to be an RA which is super stressful (please be praying for me with this, I feel like this is really something God wants me to do and I need His strength to get through it).

I am glad to be back on campus though. It is home. As much as I love being in MN and miss it like crazy, I love being in CO and at CCU. I really missed having my stuff all in one spot, and having my friends right next door. The weather here was nice the beginning of this week, but last night it snowed, which makes it is freezing in my apartment. This weekend is supposed to be in the 50's so I am not too worried about the cold. For everyone that told me I was silly for moving to Colorado because I hate the cold, I think I chose the right state. It's bipolar, but that's what's fun about it.

Side Note..... Highlight of my weekend: Me and Haylee started and finished a 750 piece puzzle.

I feel like God is already teaching me new and amazing things this semester. I am taking Old Testament, and I have the best Prof. in the whole world. Yesterday morning's class was amazing. It didn't even feel like a class, I wanted to sit there forever and soak up all the information I could. I can't even describe how I feel about it, but just thinking back to it warms my heart. I think Genesis 2 is my favorite chapter of the bible. There are just so many good things from God in it.

In class we discussed why, if God knew we were going to sin, did He put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden of Eden. He could have been selfish and not give us the option to sin, He had all the power to do whatever He wanted, but He knew we would not desire Him like He desires us if we did not have a choice. The fact is, He wanted us to choose Him. He put the tree in the garden so that we would choose Him. The idea that the God of the Universe wants me to chose Him, amazes me. He's already chose me, and He's waiting for me to choose Him back.

I also love that God prepared Adam for Eve. It says in verse 20, "He gave names to all the livestock, all the birds of the sky, and the wild animals. But still there was no helper just right for him." God wanted Adam to see his need for Eve, and he never would have without going through all that God created. God loves relationships, and He created the perfect one with Man and Women. I love that we were made special for man. God put so much thought into women and we do not give ourselves enough credit. My prof said that in Hebrew the word to describe women is also the word to describe God later on in the bible. I just love that. God didn't make a mistake, and we weren't an after thought. He was waiting for just the right time to present Eve to Adam, so that he would cherish her and not take her for granted. Man, God is just so cool. I think I will forever be blown away by His love and desire for me.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Sarah Marie this made me tear up! I'm so proud of all your growth and insight and cleverness. ;D
    If you'll remember, Captivating also talked about some of that stuff you mentioned about Eve. God's plan was pretty ingenious- not only did He show Adam how needy he was for a partner, Adam also began to feel the longings that humanity feels for God and vice versa! Clever, God!
    I'm suuuuuuuuuuper stressed about this new semester, too. But I just remind myself that I've been in stressful semesters before in my education and I always have made it through. KEEP SWIMMING!!

    ReplyDelete